Translate into any language

Sunday, July 5, 2015

TESARO pharmaceutical - Will Watch Me Die

The pharmaceutical company, TESARO  are refusing to "unblind" the Niraparib NOVA study for me even though my cancer is progressing. It's in my contract which states that they will notify my medical team whether or not I was receiving a placebo when deemed medically necessary. My doctors have been requesting it for two weeks! I have progression of Ovarian cancer. I'm posting this publicly in hope that someone "out there" can help me. The clock is ticking and my life is hanging.... If you or someone that you know can help me, please reach out to me. Thank you!

You can sign the petition by clicking this link.


This is an e mail that I sent them yet have received zero response:


To Whom It May Concern at TESARO,

Regarding: Niraparib NOVA Study Breach of Contract

I've been in the Niraparib study for 10 months and am now having a recurrence. This is my 2nd recurrence of ovarian cancer. The Niraparib Tesaro group is refusing to unblind the study and tell us what I was taking. This is an illegal breach of the contract and unethical.  The contract clearly states that if medically necessary TESARO are legally bound to  inform my doctors whether your drug company was giving me placebo or PARPs. 

Under these circumstances, I cannot get into any other drug trials or receive the FDA approved PARPs inhibitor, Olaparib, unless we have proof from Tesaro that I was on a placebo.... AND it would be a waste of my time (and life) to give me PARPs again if the Niraparib didn't work.

TESARO have proven themselves to be unreliable and unethical - grounds for litigation and possible closing down of the entire Niraparib drug trial.

I am now pursuing the option of  litigation against TESARO. Your representatives admitted (on the phone to my oncologist) that they are in breach of contract and know that TESARO will lose the case. I also plan to sue for pain and suffering. The treatment I'm receiving by TESARO is cruel and inhumane. I have documented proof of physical symptoms caused by your company's insensitivity and cruelty.

My life hangs in danger and I will take every measure necessary to insure that my legal rights are fulfilled. I will go after you with all I have and I have limitless funds to do so.

Please make sure that your company does the right thing. Your doctors needed to provide my team of oncologists with the information as promised both in writing and during many phone and e mail requests and made by my the Shaare Zedek Medical Center.

Sincerely,
Patient #1
Shaare Tzedek Medical Center, Jerusalem Israel



15 comments:

  1. I think the more public you make this and the more bad publicity they get, the more likely you are to get a response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. refuah shleimah
    This post has been included in the latest joint Havel Havelim-Kosher Cooking Carnival,  Shiloh Musings: 17th of Tammuz Fast Postponed, HH and KCC, Too

    Please visit and check out the other posts; read, comment and share, thanks.

    Welcome to the joblogging community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It's so meaningful to me and my family!

      Delete
  3. I sent you a message via Facebook messenger. Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once used a Washington firm that specialized in FDA regulations and I know they also have an Israeli presence now. I think they're heavy hitters in this space - should I turn to them and/or make an introduction? Yaacov Martin yaacov.martin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I one used a Washington firm by the name of Hogan Lovells - they deal in FDA regulations and I believe they are heavy hitters in the space. they also have a presence in Israel now. Should I reach out to them and make an introduction? Yaacov Martin yaacov.martin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to help. I sent a friend request on FB. It didn't let me leave a message until you accept. This needs to go public and international. No pharmaceutical company wants to appear cruel and inhumane and that is exactly what they are being... not to mention all the illegal aspects. V.K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahava Emunah bat Chava Ehta, may it be Hashem's will that you have a true healing of body and soul, among all His children who suffer illnesses. Know that many people are coming together to fight for you in the Heavens and also on Earth. (I know a few American rabbis who will be working the phones tomorrow, to community resources and directly to the cruel people at Tesaro.) Do not despair! From what I've read here, I know that you will not. Nor will all those gathering around you in a wall of prayer and other efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signed. And will now post to Facebook. May G-d continue to give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have emailed Tesaro (niraparib@tesarobio.com) and the PIs of the clinical trial (mansoor.raza.mirza@regionh.dk; ursula_matulonis@dfci.harvard.edu).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will NEVER agree to participate in a randomized clinical trial again. Desperation may drive people to take risks however it's a fact that the drug companies are in a frantic race to get their PARPs inhibitor approved first... For one reason only and that is to make billions of dollars. If I want to receive the FDA approved PARPs inhibitor, Olaparib, outside of a clinical trial it costs approx $18,000 per month! That's not patient care - that's making money off of desperate cancer patients who are in a race against death. It's a disgusting business. If I had the money I would refuse to buy the drug at that price! I used to think that "Big Pharma " was just sour grapes but it's a true ethical issue. Cancer is a great money maker..... And they drug companies are businesses who need the compliance of human lab rats. It's a huge decision that involves risks and shouldn't be taken lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will NEVER agree to participate in a randomized clinical trial again. Desperation may drive people to take risks however it's a fact that the drug companies are in a frantic race to get their PARPs inhibitor approved first... For one reason only and that is to make billions of dollars. If I want to receive the FDA approved PARPs inhibitor, Olaparib, outside of a clinical trial it costs approx $18,000 per month! That's not patient care - that's making money off of desperate cancer patients who are in a race against death. It's a disgusting business. If I had the money I would refuse to buy the drug at that price! I used to think that "Big Pharma " was just sour grapes but it's a true ethical issue. Cancer is a great money maker..... And they drug companies are businesses who need the compliance of human lab rats. It's a huge decision that involves risks and shouldn't be taken lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post! Thank you so much for sharing this one very helpful and peaceful info share by blogger, Love it Thanks again. Keep it up- gcp training

    ReplyDelete