Translate into any language

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

It's baaaaaaaack... (hopefully not)

Nearly 9 months post-op removal of benign parotid tumor. During a conversation, with my mom, about how it's been almost 9 "whole" months since my whole ordeal with the parotid tumor, the surgery, and the  day hospital adventure I went to feel my scar from the incision and there it was. A hard round lump. It could be this, that, or whatever but I won't know anything until it's examined and tested.

Our local ENT ordered a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy which is scheduled for next week. I'll also be consulting with my surgeon and getting an ultrasound.

In the photo, you can see the lump peeking out directly behind my tell tale partotidectomy and partial neck dissection surgery souvenir - it extends down from the front of my ear down my neck.

2 comments:

  1. wondering what bump ended up being- I have a similar formation in an abdominal scar... please email me at AllieMcBarnes@aol.com, if you have a moment to share your diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bump ended up being a reactive lymph node. Harmless.mit went away.

    ReplyDelete