Translate into any language

Sunday, October 10, 2010

*Mompetitors* from Down Under (and I don't mean Australia)

I first saw this piece of hilarity on a blog I like to read and I had to watch it at least 4 times before I could stop laughing. I guess part of the humor in it was being able to caricature-ize some of the very conversations I have felt myself *cornered* into. As a friend, I tend to keep most of my opinions to myself while my Inner Voice is extremely critical of me - sometimes holding myself to standards not even the fictional Blondie Mompetitor could keep up with... which in turn leads to severe MGS (mommy guilt syndrome) AKA sleepless nights and empty ice-cream cartons.


A few facts you may not know about me:
  • I breastfeed my babies without schedules until they wean naturally
  • We have a *limited* family bed - my babies sleep between me and a mesh bed rail until they are ready to sleep through the night (anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the kid)
  • We do not have Cable TV or any TV in our home and our kids don't play video/computer games (yet?)
  • I don't use cloth diapers -we use Pampers and Huggies and that's because there is a huge water shortage in my country AND I have enough laundry to do....
While I do enjoy living in a somewhat sheltered bubble that we've created for our family, I also lead my life as an open-minded, loving, and accepting person. I hope that's who I am perceived as too err... and on that note I bring you the horrifying M O M P E T I T O R S!


No comments:

Post a Comment