Translate into any language

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Second Day Of Treatment At Chemo Thermia....



My dad and I are currently in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm receiving treatments at a prestigious clinic, attempting to save my life using both conventional and well-known varieties of chemotherapies as well as scientifically studied and proven treatments which, focus on cancer as a metabolic disease.

We landed in Istanbul, Turkey earlier this week and began consulting in person with the physicians at the  Chemo Thermia Clinic. Over the past months and weeks, my physical quality of life has declined drastically. When we arrived at the airport in Tel Aviv, I was already having difficulty walking. Luckily, I received wheelchair assistance. The flight was under 2 hours and by the time we landed, I could no longer walk on my own and was again assisted with wheelchair assistance from the aircraft to the waiting driver, who arrived to pick us up from the clinic.

We're staying less than a 5 minute walk from Chemo Thermia Clinic and have been driven back and forth whenever necessary because at this point in time, I'm unable to walk more than a few meters.



On Tuesday evening, I completed my first treatments at the clinic. It was one of the most difficult days of my life. I received infusions of vitamins, antioxidants, anti-nausea, 4 types of chemotherapy, and Avastin. I also received two of the most intensely grueling treatments I've ever experienced: hyperthermia and oxygen in a hyperbaric chamber.
Hyperbaric O2 chamber
We returned to the hotel and I could no longer stand on my own two feet. I cried and climbed into bed and went to sleep.
I slept through the night without painkillers and the next morning was able to walk from our room, to the lobby, and to the awaiting car.

The treatments on Wednesday were less grueling yet very tiring as I received intense local treatments, oxygen, and infusions of antioxidants. I also spent an hour in the hyperbaric O2 chamber. 
On arrival at the hotel, I was able to walk in, take a shower, and walk around the room. Feeling even the smallest positive changes in my condition is certainly encouraging.

Since we've been here, we've met patients from all over the world: Iraq, England, Scotland, Africa, the USA, Russia, and of course many non-English speaking countries throughout Europe and Asia. The bond that these patients share is that they arrived at the clinic with stage 4 cancer and within 3 months many of them have clean PET CT scans! Many of these patients are in remission and it's remarkable to view their PET CT scans. We have been talking with everyone we can about their journeys - especially my dad, who has a lot of time to interact with other patients and their loved ones while I receive full days of treatments.  My dad and I have met and seen scans from patients with many different types of cancer.

In addition to the treatments that patients at Chemo Thermia receive, we are also given many bottles of medications which are inclusive in the expenses of the other treatments. 

The Chemo Thermia Clinic is using methods to kill cancer that are not new. They're in direct touch with top researchers including professor Thomas Seyfried of Boston University who until now does ALL  of his research in the labs - on mice and rats. Dr. Abdul Slocum works closely with Professor Seyfried and as a medical practitioner, Dr. Slocum is able to treat patients using the models developed by researchers like Professor Seyfried to treat cancer as a metabolic disease using so many modalities as well as conventional chemotherapies which, every oncologist is familiar with.

The case studies speak for themselves.

We met Brian with stage 4 esophageal cancer who was expected to live with his advanced  state for only 8 months. He has been very friendly and forthcoming in sharing his personal story with us both in person and on the Clinic's website where there are many other success stories available for viewing.

I am here... and we are praying for similar results - hopefully remission! There are countless stories and people eager to share them! 

Please continue to pray for Ahava Emunah bat Chava Ehta.



19 comments:

  1. You're so amazing it brings tears to my eyes. I wish I had got to know you when you were in Perth, my life would have been all the better for being your friend. I deeply wish for your speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel Stella sending you much support. From the original cocktail lounge...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yarden, I think about Stella ALL the time... She is a shinning star and I will always love her.

      Delete
  4. Feel good and luck Ahava!!! Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. storming the heavens to achieve a refuah shelema for Ahava Emunah bat Chava Ehta
    with all my heart and prayers
    Susan B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel good and strong - cheering you on from here in Jerusalem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daven for you daily. You are an inspiration to us all. G-d Speed with your recovery and looking forward to your return home to a full and healthy long life. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and sending you much strength from Jerusalem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahava, your strength and hope leaves me on awe of you.
    You are remarkable and I hope and pray for you every day.
    You choose life and a bright future above all. I have never met anyone quite like you. Love and hugs always 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one amazing woman! Praying for you and for all the patients to be cancer free!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm crying!!
    You're so strong!!!
    Please keep fighting!!!!!
    You should be blessed to live to see your great great grandchildren walk down the Chupah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. joankahn@gmail.comFriday, August 31, 2018

    Türkiye'de iyi sağlık diliyorum! (Wishing you good health, in Turkey, Ahava Emunah! Thinking of you often. WIth love from the Kahn Family in Meitar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went through lymphoma (surgery, chemo, and radiation) about 15 years ago. Obviously, I survived with the help of many people. It seems much easier than what you are enduring. My prayers are with you. Please keep all of your friends posted as to your progress. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hashem bless you Ahava.

    May the New Year 5779, bring you complete healing... Amen.

    I have followed your blog for a long time. Your blog gives courage to so many.
    You are so very special..
    I love you... and admire you.
    Hashem bless you and your family...
    stella

    ReplyDelete
  15. I daven for you every day. You are so incredibly brave. Love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Refuah shlema. You are a pillar of strength and wisdom and an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahava Emunah, may you receive the stunning results others have with this treatment, and more! Nothing less than complete remission and healing, forever! May you and your family get to greet Mashiah together, be"H!

    ReplyDelete