Translate into any language

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Almost Winter Catch Up

For the first time in years, it actually feels like winter in the Holyland and it's not even officially the season yet! That's good news for our sinking Lake Kinneret and possibly our water bills? We've had non-stop downpour for 48 hours. I love the rain. We don't get too much of it here so it's a blessing and a welcome change in scenery.

It's not yet Chanukkah holiday time and the kids are seemingly settled into their school routines. A is in 5th grade, M is in 3rd, Z is in kindergarten, and H is in pre-school. All looking good. We had a major glitch in Z's kindergarten with a new teacher. To cut a long story short... she was inexperienced and atrocious. She was fired and a new teacher has finally arrived. Here's to hoping..... Of course little E is still at home with me. She'll be 2 in January. Soooo not a baby anymore but that's a whole post in itself.

In the meantime, I'm wallowing a bit in my health worries. The lump behind my ear seems to be nothing more than an enlarged lymph node which prompted my surgeon and ENT to order further tests. During an ultrasound of my neck two suspicious growths were found. One in my thyroid and one in my parotid gland. The doctors were more concerned due to the fact that the growth has happened so quickly. My last ultrasound was about 9 months ago so we can see the growth pattern. I'm having FNAs done on both in about 3 weeks. We'll only know what the next step is when we know WHAT it is.....




No comments:

Post a Comment